Dentons launches Milan office
Dentons, Kyiv, Ukraine,
Mon, Oct 5, 2015
October 5, 2015 – Dentons is pleased to announce the launch of an office inMilan—its first in Italy—with the hire of 21 lawyers, including seven partners,led by Managing Partner Federico Sutti. Sutti, who is rated by both Chambersand The Legal 500 as one of Italy's most reputable lawyers, was formerly DLA Piper's Managing Director for Europe andAfrica. He is joined by other leading lawyers focusing on real estate, energyand employment law.
Their arrival followsDentons' recently announced merger with US law firm McKenna Long & Aldridgeas well as the announcement of the upcoming combination between Dentons and 大成, which will create the world's largest lawfirm. Earlier this year Dentons also announced the hire of 8 partners alongwith 50 lawyers and other professionals in Budapest.
Dentons' GlobalChairman Joe Andrew commented, "Italy ranks amongst the world's top10 countries by GDP, and is the third largest economy in the Eurozone. Thelaunch of our Milan office marks another important milestone towards achievingour objective of becoming the world's leading law firm, capable of offeringclients premium counsel in all of the places they do business."
Global Chief ExecutiveOfficer Elliott Portnoy added, "Federico and his team arerecognized as some of Italy's most reputable lawyers in their respective areasof focus. Their arrival supports our polycentric approach of offering clientsthe best legal talent across the world, where our lawyers are also deeplyrooted in the communities in which they operate."
"Italy is one ofthe key markets under our growth strategy for Europe," said TomaszDąbrowski, Chief Executive Officer, Europe. "We are very pleased towelcome such a high quality team to the Firm and look forward to working withFederico Sutti and new colleagues in order to achieve our objective of becomingone of the leading full service international practices in the country."
Evan Lazar, Chairman of Dentons' Europe Board, added,"We continue to make strategic and important growth moves across theEurope Region, where we see a significant and growing amount of cross-borderwork. With many clients seeking counsel with a meaningful presence in Italy, weare very pleased to be able to offer them this leading team of real estate,energy and employment lawyers from day one."
The full list of lawyers joining Dentons as partnersis:
- Federico Sutti joins from DLA Piper. He advises Italian and international clients in the acquisition of real estate assets as well as on complex developments. During 16 years as Managing Partner for Italy he helped DLA to become the largest international firm in the country. He has also served as DLA Piper's Managing Director for Europe and Africa and was a member of the firm's Global and International Board.
- Aldo Calza joins from HELP – The Employment Law Plant, the leading Italian employment law boutique he founded after leaving DLA Piper. He is ranked as a "leading individual" by both Chambers and The Legal 500.
- Pier Francesco Faggiano joins from DLA Piper. A corporate partner focusing on private equity, M&A and joint ventures, his clients include Italian and pan-European investment funds, financial institutions and Italian and multinational industrial groups.
- Matteo Falcione joins from DLA Piper. He is ranked by both Chambers and The Legal 500 as one of the most reputable energy lawyers in Italy.
- Maria Sole Insinga joins from DLA Piper. She focuses on real estate, assisting leading Italian and international real estate investors in relation to asset and share deals, spin-off transactions and joint ventures.
- Iacopo Aliverti Piuri joins from HELP – The Employment Law Plant. He practices exclusively in employment, industrial relations, pensions and social security law.
- Federico Vanetti joins from DLA Piper. A real estate partner, he is one of Italy's most reputable lawyers in environmental, regulatory and planning matters.
Dentons is aglobal law firm driven to provide a competitive edge in an increasingly complexand interconnected world. A top 20 firm on the Acritas 2015 Global Elite BrandIndex, Dentons is committed to challenging the status quo in deliveringconsistent and uncompromising quality in new and inventive ways. Dentons'clients now benefit from 3,000 lawyers and professionals in more than 80locations spanning 50-plus countries. With a legacy of legal experience thatdates back to 1742 and builds on the strengths of our foundationalfirms—Salans, Fraser Milner Casgrain (FMC), SNR Denton and McKenna Long &Aldridge—the Firm serves the local, regional and global needs of private andpublic clients. www.dentons.com.