EPAP Ukraine retains top positions in Chambers Global 2017
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners,
Kyiv, Ukraine, Tue, Mar 21, 2017
EPAP Ukraine is ranked among the country’s top law firms across all practice areas researched for Ukraine: Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A, and Dispute Resolution, with seven lawyers ranked as leaders in their field in the one of the most reputable legal rankings Chambers Global 2017.
The guide also distinguishes the Firm’s and its experts’ international law capacities.
Dispute Resolution Practice is ranked in the highest Band 1.
- On the individual side, the guide acknowledges Managing Partner and Practice Head Serhii Sviriba as “one of Ukraine's most prominent arbitration lawyers”.
- Partner Markiyan Kliuchkovskyi is marked as an expert in domestic and international arbitration who also “knows how to deal with a case and develop a strategy”, further noting his sports expertise alongside general disputes.
- Partner Gleb Bialyi is recommended for domestic litigation projects, “lending his insight to financial disputes and disputes against state authorities”.
Banking & Finance Practice is traditionally highly ranked.
- Partner and Practice Head Roman Stepanenko is acknowledged as “a solid practitioner with vast experience in financing, project finance and capital markets deals, regularly acting on cross-border mandates.” Clients appreciate his flexibility in adapting to emergency situations.
Corporate and M&A Practice is recognised on both local and international levels.
- Partner and Head of M&A and Corporate Practice Oksana Ilchenko is praised for expertise in transactional and advisory issues, including corporate and compliance matters, being “very efficient, knowledgeable and thorough”.
- The Guide acknowledges Partner Ilona Zekely among foreign experts, who “advises German-speaking clients on conducting business in Ukraine” as well as “assists clients seeking to conduct business in Germany and Austria.”
- Head of Washington office Andrew Mac is praised by the clients for his “ability to solve complex cross-border problems and unique appreciation of the cross-cultural issues inherent in US-Ukrainian legal matters.”
Chambers Global covers over 190 countries across the world and also includes Region-wide and Global-wide sections. The research identifies and ranks the most outstanding law firms and lawyers through client feedback, research and market data.