BENEFITS OF WELL-DEVELOPED COMMODITIES MARKETS
FOR UKRAINE - BUSINESS ROUNDTABLE
Featuring ROSTIN BEHNAM, Commissioner, U.S. Commodity
Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Washington, D.C.
When: Wed, September 19, 2018, 12:00 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Offices of SigmaBleyzer, Conference Room, Kyiv, Ukraine
YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND A BUSINESS ROUNDTABLE: "BENEFITS OF WELL DEVELOPED COMMODITIES MARKETS FOR BUSINESS IN UKRAINE,": featuring Rostin Behnam, Commissioner, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and other experts. The Roundtable is co-sponsored by the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), www.USUBC.org, and the USAID/Financial Sector Transformation Project, Kyiv, Ukraine, www.facebook.com/FSTProject/.
This very important and critical Business Roundtable is being held Wednesday, September 19, 2018, Kyiv, Ukraine, 12:00 p.m. to 2 p.m., with a light luncheon and followed by a reception in the Conference Room, offices of SigmaBleyzer, Kyiv, Ukraine, Register Now
CFTC Commissioner Behnam will make a presention about the importance of financial and commodity derivatives to manage risk and conduct business. In particular, Mr. Behnam will share his experience and insights on: (1) The benefits of a commodities market to business, (2) the rold of producers and end users in a commodities market, (3) moving beyond spot and forward trades to help manage risk, and (4) the importance of regulation to a successfull commodity market.
The mission of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in the United States is to foster open, transparent, competitive, and financially sound markets. By working to avoid systemic risk, the Commission aims to protect market users and their funds, consumers, and the public from fraud, manipulation, and abusive practices related to derivatives and other products that are subject to the Commodity Exchange Act (CEA), www.CFTC.gov. The CFTC is an extremely important and powerful arm of the U.S. government. We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to have CFTC Commissioner Behnam in Kyiv.
NOTE: A distinguished group of Ukrainian authorities and businessmen from the agricultural and energy sectors will respond to Commissioner Behnam's presentation and also offer their views on developing commodity markets in Ukraine. This group includes:
-Timur Khromayev, Head, National Securities and Stock Market Commission
-Vadym Mosiychuk, State Reserve Agency of Ukraine
-Oleh Churiy, Deputy Head, National Bank of Ukraine (TBC)
- Expert in agricultural commodity trading
- Expert in energy commodity trading
NOTE: The program will be moderated by Morgan Williams, U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC) and Robert Bond, Chief of Party for the USAID Financial Sector Transformation Project in Ukraine.
RSVP: Please register your attendance by sending an e-mail to Morgan Williams, email@example.com. There is no cost for the USUBC Business Roundtable or the luncheon and reception.
Rostin Behnam, Commissioner of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Wash, D.C. ---
Rostin Behnam was nominated by President Trump as a Commissioner of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission on July 13, 2017, and was unanimously confirmed by the Senate on August 3, 2017. His term as a Commissioner extends to June 2021. Prior to joining the CFTC, Mr. Behnam served for six years as senior counsel to U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow of Michigan, Ranking Member of the Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry Committee. He was responsible for policy and legislation related to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the Department of Agriculture.
Prior to his legislative service to Senator Stabenow, Mr. Behnam practiced law in New York City and worked at the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General. Mr. Behnam is a graduate of Georgetown University and earned a J.D. from the Syracuse University College of Law. Learn more: https://www.cftc.gov/About/Commissioners/RostinBehnam/index.htm
USAID Financial Sector Transformation Project ---
The USAID Financial Sector Transformation Project is a four-year program (October 2016 – December 2020) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by DAI Global LLC (DAI). One of the focus areas of the project is to develop capital and commodity markets in Ukraine (facebook.com/FSTProject/).
BENEFITS OF WELL-DEVELOPED COMMODITIES MARKETS FOR BUSINESS IN UKRAINE - BUSINESS ROUNDTABLE
Featuring ROSTIN BEHNAM, Commissioner, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), WASH, D.C.
Wednesday, September 19, 2018, Kyiv, Ukraine, 12:00 p.m. to 2 p.m., with a light luncheon and followed by a reception
Conference Room, offices of SigmaBleyzer, Kyiv, Ukraine, Register Now
DIRECTIONS TO KYIV OFFICES OF SIGMABLEYZER: The SigmaBleyzer offices are in the Arena City/Mandarin Plaza complex across the street from the Bessarabsky Market. The entrance to the SigmaBleyzer offices is inside the open-air inner courtyard of the complex, NOT inside the Mandarin Plaza shopping center. There are several entrances to the inner courtyard of the Arena City/Mandarin Plaza complex. Please note that cars are not allowed inside the courtyard.
(1) IF DRIVING FROM TARAS SHEVCHENKO BOULEVARD/UNIVERSITY AREA, cross Khreshchatyk Street and enter through an arch with stairs and a ramp under a red Arena canopy next to the Pinchuk Art Centre across the street from Bessarabsky Market. If you missed this entrance, you can go from Baseyna Street through main entrance to the Mandarin Plaza shopping center after turning right onto Baseyna Street. Take elevators or escalators up one floor from the first floor and then go through a corridor between clothing stores; the entrance to the corridor is across the aisle from the elevators.
(2) IF DRIVING FROM LEO TOLSTOY SQUARE/OLYMPIC STADIUM AREA, go through the large entrance on the corner of Khreshchatyk Street and Skoropadsky Street next to the Nebo nightclub.
(3) IF DRIVING FROM LESY UKRAYINKA BOULEVARD/PECHERSK AREA, make a left on Skoropadskyy Street leaving the Arena City/Mandarin Plaza complex on your right, pass the entrance to the underground parking; enter through an arch past the Burger Restaurant (the steps go down first, and then up to the courtyard).
(4) IF WALKING FROM KHRESHCHATYK STREET, go into the shopping center under the intersection of Khreshchatyk Street and Taras Shevchenko Boulevard (where the Lenin statue used to be), there are glass doors with Arena sign on them, behind the doors are the stairs and an escalator from the shopping center to the inner courtyard.
WHEN INSIDE THE OPEN-AIR INNER COURTYARD and facing the entrance to the large white canopy which is a restaurant, bear right leaving the white canopy on your left. The top of the building has a large Mandarin Plaza sign in red on the top floor. You will see the double doors next to the Armani clothing store with the SigmaBleyzer sign on them (as well as a LG sign).
Enter through the double doors, go up a few steps to the two elevators which also have the SigmaBleyzer sign in between them, take an elevator to the 8th Floor. In case you are still unclear as to the location of SigmaBleyzer’s office, call SigmaBleyzer office at +38 (044) 284-1290.