Ukraine has imposed personal special economic and other restrictive measures towards persons related to unlawful actions against Nadiia Savchenko, Oleh Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko
Sayenko Kharenko, Kyiv, Ukraine
Thu, March 31, 2016
The official website of the President of Ukraine has published the text of Decree №121/2016 dated 29 March 2016 implementing the decision of the National Defense and Security Council of Ukraine dated 25 March 2016 on imposing special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions) of personal nature for an indefinite period of time towards persons related to unlawful actions against Nadiia Savchenko, Oleg Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko.
The personal sanctions have been imposed on 84 individuals. The different types of sanctions are applied to different individuals, including freezing assets, prevention of capital outflow, refusal in visa granting and visa annulment, etc.
Among the sanctioned individuals are:
1) Natalia Poklonskaya, “Prosecutor” of the temporarily occupied Republic of Crimea;
2) Valerii Bolotov, former leader of the illegal armed force Luhansk People's Republic;
3) Ihor Plotnitskyi, leader of the illegal armed force Luhansk People's Republic;
4) Leonid Stepanenko, a judge in Savchenko’s case;
5) Ali Khaibulaiev, a judge in Savchenko’s case;
6) Evheniia Chernysh, a judge in Savchenko’s case;
7) Viktor Grin, Deputy Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation.
The complete list of sanctioned individuals (available in Ukrainian) can be found here. Please let us know if you need the translation of the list or clarification whether a specific person is in the list.
Sayenko Kharenko enjoys global reputation as a leading Ukrainian full service law firm. The firm’s leading market position builds on continuous excellence of its highly specialized practice teams. In 2015 Sayenko Kharenko collected three most prestigious professional excellence awards, including Law Firm of the Year by IFLR European Awards 2015, Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence 2015, Who’s Who Legal European Awards 2015.
To learn more about Sayenko Kharenko expertise and experience, please contact
T: +380 44 499 60 00