CYBER RESILIENCE IN UKRAINE: STRENGTHENING UKRAINE’S CYBER DEFENSES
Monday, May 13, 2019, 8:30am- 12 noon,
Premier Palace Hotel, Kharkiv, Ukraine
WASHINGTON, D.C. - YOU ARE INVITED to attend the Atlantic Council and Burisma Group Annual Kharkiv Security Conference addressing "Cyber Resilience in Ukraine: Strengthening Ukraine’s Cyber Defenses" on Monday, May 13, 2019 from 8:30 am to 12 noon at the Premier Palace Hotel in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
Russia has long waged a hybrid war in Ukraine, using it as a testing ground for operations ranging from disinformation campaigns to cyberattacks aimed at the power grid and other critical infrastructure, as well as its continued military presence in Ukraine’s East. Russia’s cyber aggression has now extended past its neighbors and will require a transatlantic response.
As technology outpaces the development of security measures, the cyber threat against Ukraine and the West will only continue to grow. Moscow’s cyber operations have provoked international concern about the nature of online disinformation, cybersecurity, and technology’s role in democratic discourse. The Atlantic Council, in partnership with Burisma Group, is bringing together the following panel of experts to discuss the threat at hand in Ukraine and beyond, as well as Russia’s broader aims.
CONFERENCE SPEAKERS (see bios in the PDF File Speaker_Biographies_Cyber_Resilience_5_13_Atlantic_Council.pdf):
1. Amb. John Herbst, Director, Eurasia Center, Atlantic Council, Washington, D.C.
2. H.E. Aleksander Kwaśniewski, President of Poland (1995-2005)
3. Laura Galante, Senior Strategist and Cyber Lead, Ukrainian Election Task Force; Senior Fellow, Eurasia Center, Atlantic Council
4. Kenneth Geers, Cyber Analyst, Ukrainian Election Task Force; Senior Fellow, Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, Atlantic Council
5. Alina Polyakova, David M. Rubenstein Fellow, Foreign Policy Center, Brookings Institution
6. Ireneusz Bil, Secretary General, European Council on Tolerance and Reconciliation; Director, Aleksander Kwaśniewski Foundation Amicus Europe
NOTE: AGENDA - http://us-ukraine.org
NOTE: REGISTRATION - http://us-ukraine.org/#registration
CONTACTS: firstname.lastname@example.org; +38 098 998 57 77
USUBC NOTE: The Burisma Group is a member of U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), Wash, D.C. www.USUBC.org. John Herbst, Director, Eurasia Center, Atlantic Council, is a Senior Advisor to the U.S.-Ukriane Business Council (USUBC)