INVITATION: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE VIRTUAL BUSINESS ROUNDTABLE , June 25 at 5 PM Kyiv time.
10 a.m –12:00 pm EST, USA, 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m.-Kyiv time.Thursday, June 25, 2020
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Department of Commerce in partnership with the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council and the American Chamber of Commerce in Kyiv invites you to join a virtual business roundtable discussion on Ukraine with Assistant Secretary Ian Steff.
During the Roundtable, the Assistant Secretary will be joined by senior representatives from the Development Finance Corporation (DFC), U.S. Export-Import Bank (EXIM), World Bank (WB), and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in discussing economic developments in Ukraine and highlighting commercial projects they are supporting in this market.
The Roundtable will enable you to share your perspectives on doing business in Ukraine as well as to learn about the various programs being launched by the U.S. government in this growing market. You will also have an opportunity to learn how the U.S. Commercial Service can assist your individual company in entering or expanding in Ukraine. The Business Roundtable is off the record, closed-door and not open to the press.
VIRTUAL BUSINESS ROUNDTABLE AGENDA:
1. Introduction by Event Moderator (Danica Starks, Senior Eurasia Policy Advisor)
2. Opening Remarks (Commerce Assistant Secretary Steff)
3. AmCham Kyiv Remarks on New GOU Cabinet and Policy Priorities (Andy Hunder, President)
4. USUBC Update on Ukraine's Business Climate (Morgan Williams, President)
5. Development Finance Corporation Internal Policy Changes and Priorities for Ukraine (Garrett Marquis, Vice President and Senior Advisor to the CEO for National Security Affairs)
6. EXIM Bank New Export Finance Assistance Programs and Priorities (Doug Frye, Senior Loan Officer and Business Developer)
7. EBRD Overview on Key Economic Sectors and Projects (Michele Small, Head of the EBRD North American Representative Office)
8. World Bank Macro-economic update and Key Projects (Roman Kachur, Alternate Executive Director)
9. U.S. Commercial Service Services and Events Planned for 2020-2021 (Ilona Shtrom, Senior Commercial Officer)
10. Q&A and Discussion (Moderated by Danica Starks, Senior Eurasia Policy Advisor)
11. Closing Remarks (Assistant Secretary Steff)
REGISTRATION: For registration, please contact Denys Jatsyshyn, USUBC Director, Corporate Relations in Kyiv at DJatsyshyn@usubc.org
NOTE: The Virtual Business Roundtable is off the record, closed-door and not open to the press.
INVITATION: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE VIRTUAL BUSINESS ROUNDTABLE
10 a.m –12:00 pm EST, USA, 5 p.m.-7:00 p.m., Kyiv time, Thursday, June 25, 2020