Featured Galleries USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post USUBC meeting with the New Ukrainian Ambassador to the US Volodymyr Yelchenko in Washington
DR. OLEG SHAMSHUR
Oleh Shamshur, Former Ambassador of Ukraine to The United States and France.
Born: 6 July 1956 in Kyiv.
Education: T. Shevchenko Kyiv University, Department of international relations and international law, specialization - international relations (cum laudae, 1978).
2014-2020 - Ambassador of Ukraine to France and Permanent Representative of Ukraine to UNESCO.
2005-2010 - Ambassador of Ukraine to the United States.
Since February 2004 - Deputy Minister for foreign affairs of Ukraine
- October 2003 - February 2004 - Head, European Union Department, MFA of Ukraine
- 1998 - 2003 - Minister-Counsellor, Embassy of Ukraine to the Benelux Countries
- 1996 - 1998 - Deputy Chairman, State Committee for Nationalities and Migration of Ukraine, member of the Commission on Citizenship with the President of Ukraine
- 1993 - 1996 - First secretary, counsellor of the Permanent Mission of Ukraine to the UN Office and other, international organizations at Geneva
- 1993 - Visiting scholar, University College London
- 1981 - 1993 - work at the Institute of social and economic problems of foreign countries, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, incl. 1984-1989 is Director of programmes
- 1978 - 1981 - post-graduate course at the Institute of social and economic problems of foreign countries, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- Ph. D. in history (1982, Kyiv University), author of nearly 60 scientific publications.
Speaks fluently English and French.
Married, has one daughter.