Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
DR. OLEG SHAMSHUR
Oleh Shamshur, Former Ambassador of Ukraine to The United States and France.
Born: 6 July 1956 in Kyiv.
Education: T. Shevchenko Kyiv University, Department of international relations and international law, specialization - international relations (cum laudae, 1978).
2014-2020 - Ambassador of Ukraine to France and Permanent Representative of Ukraine to UNESCO.
2005-2010 - Ambassador of Ukraine to the United States.
Since February 2004 - Deputy Minister for foreign affairs of Ukraine
- October 2003 - February 2004 - Head, European Union Department, MFA of Ukraine
- 1998 - 2003 - Minister-Counsellor, Embassy of Ukraine to the Benelux Countries
- 1996 - 1998 - Deputy Chairman, State Committee for Nationalities and Migration of Ukraine, member of the Commission on Citizenship with the President of Ukraine
- 1993 - 1996 - First secretary, counsellor of the Permanent Mission of Ukraine to the UN Office and other, international organizations at Geneva
- 1993 - Visiting scholar, University College London
- 1981 - 1993 - work at the Institute of social and economic problems of foreign countries, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, incl. 1984-1989 is Director of programmes
- 1978 - 1981 - post-graduate course at the Institute of social and economic problems of foreign countries, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- Ph. D. in history (1982, Kyiv University), author of nearly 60 scientific publications.
Speaks fluently English and French.
Married, has one daughter.