Featured Galleries USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS HOLODOMOR: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post USUBC meeting with the New Ukrainian Ambassador to the US Volodymyr Yelchenko in Washington
Lorraine Riffle Hawley
Lorraine Riffle Hawley
Senior Director, International Government Relations
at Archer Daniels Midland Company
International Government Affairs Executive with experience in International Corporate and Policy Issues.
Experience managing a broad range of issue areas including developments in agricultural trade policy, international and domestic energy policies, investment and fiscal policies and political trends which impact investment environments. Provides strategic leadership in shaping opportunities to advance key corporate business and policy objectives. Experience managing senior executive engagement opportunities with Heads of State and other key senior U.S. and foreign government officials. Well established network of relationships within Diplomatic, U.S. Government, think tank, business and NGO communities in Washington, DC.
Archer Daniels Midland Company, Director of International Government Relations (August 2011-Present)
• Manage international government relations strategy that addresses key policy issues which maximize ADM’s ability to engage in efficient global trading and provide needed food supplies to the world market in a seamless manner. Policy issues include trade and investment agendas, food security, environmental, energy and transportation.
• Lead and manage advocacy efforts which encourage open trading systems, good governance and transparency, efficient transportation flows, and the elimination of trade barriers.
• Manage coordination between corporate and global business unit offices and direct international government relations strategies within Washington, D.C. to advance global business objectives.
• Manage broad ranging relationships with U.S. government, Diplomatic, business, academic, and think tank communities to ensure effective advocacy of ADM’s key business objectives.
• Develop and execute executive engagement opportunities with key government officials (both within the business community structure and on a bilateral basis).
• Represent ADM and provide staffing to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the CEO’s participation on the U.S. Brazil CEO Forum and President’s Export Council.
Associations: U.S. Poland Business Council, Chair; American Romanian Business Council, Vice Chair and Immediate Past Chair; U.S. China Agriculture and Food Partnership, Co-Chair.
.. Government Experience
• Foreign Affairs Officer within the Department of State’s Bureau of East Asia and Pacific Affairs Office of Economic Policy.
• Appointed by Department of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative for membership on Department of Commerce Industry Trade Advisory Committee on Customs Matters and Trade Facilitation (ITAC 14) representing Archer Daniels Midland Company (April 2012 and reappointed for new term 2014-2018).