Featured Galleries USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS HOLODOMOR: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC IHOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post USUBC meeting with the New Ukrainian Ambassador to the US Volodymyr Yelchenko in Washington
VOLKOV & PARTNERS LAW FIRM JOINS U.S.-UKRAINE BUSINESS COUNCIL (USUBC)
U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC),
Washington, D.C., Monday, July 11, 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Volkov & Partners, a leading law firm in Kyiv, Ukraine, has been approved for membership in the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), the USUBC executive committee announced today on behalf of the entire USUBC membership of over 165 companies and organizations who have business operations, investments or other development programs in Ukraine.
Volkov & Partners was established in March 2005 by Oleksiy M. Volkov who has over 20 years of experience of legal practice, including being a partner in one of the largest Ukrainian law firms and Managing Partner for seven years. There are twenty-five attorneys in the firm. The firm`s clients include major and medium local and foreign companies, and public authorities such as Cargill, McDonald's, AES, Kimberly-Clark, and EPAM.
CORPORATE LAW, MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS, AGRIBUSINESS
In a short space of time Volkov & Partners became one of the leaders among Ukrainian law firms in such practices as corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, antimonopoly regulation, real estate, aviation, agribusiness and oil and gas. To date Volkov and Partners offers its clients a comprehensive range of legal services and closely cooperates with many major international law firms.
It benefits the membership with such organizations as TAGLaw, IFA, and the International Business Law Consortium (IBLC), which allows to effectively manage projects falling within multiple jurisdictions. The firm`s clients include major and medium local and foreign companies, and public authorities.
VOLKOV & PARTNERS AND USUBC
USUBC has been working with Oleksiy M. Volkov, Founder and Managing Partner and with Andrii Zablotskyi, Associate, at Volkov & Partners. "USUBC has been working with Volkov & Partners on a variety of legal issues related to the export of agricultural products and other key issues facing agribusiness in Ukraine," according to Morgan Williams, Director, Government Affairs, Washington Office, SigmaBleyzer Private Equity Investment Management Group, who serves as President of the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC).
"USUBC is pleased to have Volkov & Partners as a new member and look forward to working with them. Oleksiy Volkov is a highly respected attorney in the international business commmunity. Andrii Zablotskyi has attended several recent USUBC meetings in Kyiv and will represent the law firm on the USUBC board of directors," Williams said.
LANDMARK PROJECTS FOR VOLKOV & PARTNERS LAWYERS:
- Advising European Bank of Reconstruction and Development on granting numerous loans to Ukrainian companies and security transactions;
- Advising ABN-AMRO, now part of the Royal Bank of Scotland, on granting loans to Ukrainian companies;
- Advising Astarta, one of the largest Ukrainian agricultural companies, on obtaining loan from foreign bank; (member of USUBC)
- Advising Bank Staropolski on Ukrainian regulatory issues;
- Advising Cargill on cooperation with the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development regarding incorporation of Cargill industrial Complex; (member of USUBC)
- Advising investment fund on granting loan to one of the largest Ukrainian retail companies;
- Advising Fortis Bank Nederland, now part of the Royal Bank of Scotland, on pledge of commodities related to the facility agreement.
INFORMATION: For additional information on Volkov & Partners law firm go to www.volkovpartners.com.
USUBC MEMBERSHIP REACHES 165