Featured Galleries USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS HOLODOMOR: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post USUBC meeting with the New Ukrainian Ambassador to the US Volodymyr Yelchenko in Washington
Corporate Governance in State-Owned Enterprises in Ukraine -
Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 14 GMT
Organized by Strategy Council
It is my pleasure to invite you to participate in our Webinar on Corporate Governance in State-Owned Enterprises in Ukraine, which takes place on Tuesday, 15th June at 14:00 GMT.
You can register free of charge for the Webinar here.
Ukraine has made great strides in raising levels of corporate governance in its State-Owned Enterprises. However, as very recently witnessed, it is often a case of two steps forward and one back.
We bring together a respected panel of experts, drawn from both the Management and Supervisory Boards of a number of Ukraine’s largest and most prominent State-Owned Enterprises to discuss how to ensure that corporate governance progress made to date is irreversible and that independent supervisory boards are able to do their work effectively and without interference. They include:
- Yuliya Kovaliv, Deputy Chair of the Supervisory Board, Naftogaz Group
- Artem Shevalev, Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board, PrivatBank and Ukrgasbank
- Andriy Boytsun, Independent Corporate Governance Consultant
- Olga Bielkova, Director, Government & International Affairs, Ukrainian Gas TSO
- Sevki Acuner, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Ukrainian Railways & Ukrenergo
- Roman Bondar, First Deputy CEO, Ukroboronprom
- Artur Somov, Acting Chairman of the Management Board, UMCC Titanium
They will address such key issues as:
- What practical steps can be implemented to strengthen the role and status of independent supervisory boards?
- How to ensure that SOE managers are accountable to their independent supervisory boards and not to officials and politicians
- How far are Ukraine’s leading SOEs from reaching the required governance levels to undertake an international listing or to access the international bond markets?
- Addressing the complicated legal framework which creates extensive bureaucracy and undermines the SOE’s ability to act in a timely and effective manner
- Recruiting and motivating the best talent on the market and ensuring they are retained for the long-term.
You can register for the Webinar here. There are limited opportunities to promote your company’s services and expertise. To find out more, simply reply to this email.
The working language of the webinar will be English with simultaneous translation into Ukrainian and it is scheduled to last between 60 and 90 minutes.
So do sign up now for what promises to be one of the most topical and informative webinars.
PS: Other Webinars of ours in the coming weeks include:
- Private Equity in Ukraine, 3rd June
- Ukrainian Capital Markets, 22nd June
- Ukrainian Banking Sector, 29th June
To learn more about these and other planned events and how you can get involved, just reply to this email.