Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
NIBULON – 30 Years of Success!
Nibulon, Kyiv, Ukraine,
Dec 08, Wed, 2021
NIBULON is a contemporary of the independent Ukraine. These are 30 years of success we are proud of; these are 30 years of achievements that motivate and inspire us.
Today we would like to recollect all the achievements since NIBULON commenced its operations. Considering that NIBULON has achieved much, we would like to symbolically mention 30 important events.
1. NIBULON is a contemporary of the independent Ukraine. The company was established on December 5, 1991.
2. Oleksiy Vadaturskyy, Hero of Ukraine, all-time General Director and a driving force, runs the company.
3. NIBULON is the largest investor in Ukraine’s agrarian sector, having invested more than USD 2.3 billion.
4. For the first time in Ukraine, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) granted NIBULON a loan of USD 5 million to implement “The Export Development Project” in 2012.
5. The high-capacity transshipment terminal for grain and oilseeds shipments in Mykolaiv was acknowledged as the best industrial facility in Ukraine in 2004. The company’s team, headed by Oleksiy Vadaturskyy, received the Ukrainian State Prize for Architecture in 2008.
6. Two grain domes at the transshipment terminal, each with the capacity of 50 thousand tons of grain and a diameter of 65 m, are the largest hemispherical structures in Europe and the world’s largest grain silos (the area of the domes’ floor almost equals the Olympic stadium in Kyiv).
7. The company has Ukraine’s most modern production and technological laboratory equipped with the up-to-date laboratory and research equipment to measure grain quality and its processed products. The laboratory has implemented the principle of anonymity, thereby excluding any possibility to influence test results.
8. NIBULON demonstrated new standards to build complex industrial facilities, enabling the company to build high-tech automated transshipment terminals in 100 days.
9. The company has 50 high-tech and modern facilities in 13 regions across the country.
10. The continuous operation of 445 grain silos enables the company to store 2.25 million tons of grain in metal facilities simultaneously. This is the largest grain storage capacity in Ukraine.
11. NIBULON works according to a “from a field to a final consumer” principle in more than 75 countries worldwide. Thus, the share of agricultural commodity purchase agreements with agricultural commodity producers comprises 90%.
12. The company constantly fights against the shadow economy in Ukraine.
13. Since 2009, NIBULON has been efficiently implementing its large-scale patriotic program to revive Ukrainian rivers as transport arteries. The investment program includes the construction of high-capacity elevator complexes, transshipment terminals, and a fleet. The project was acknowledged by hundreds of awards at both All-Ukrainian and international levels.
14. NIBULON itself revives navigation on Ukrainian rivers. The company built the Mykolaivets dredger (SDS-15 project) and has the fleet to conduct dredging. As a result of the company’s activities, 154 km of the Dnipro and the Southern Buh have once again become navigable.
15. NIBULON is the largest investor in the domestic shipbuilding, having invested USD 600 million. At present NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard LLC is the most modern shipyard and a leader of Ukrainian shipbuilding.
16. NIBULON shipbuilding and repair yard built the largest vessel since Ukraine’s independence – the NIBULON MAX 140-m self-propelled river-sea floating vessel.
17. The company has the most modern fleet in Ukraine, comprising 80 complete vessels used for various operations.
18. NIBULON has removed the equivalent of 1 million trucks from Ukrainian highways, as the company’s own fleet transported 24 million tons of cargoes by the Dnipro and the Southern Buh.
19. The company redirects cargo flows from road to river. Consequently, the company’s logistics comprise 70% by water transport, 20% by railway, 10% by road transport (for short transportation distance from a field to the nearest elevator complex).
20. The company revived the transportation of watermelons for the first time in almost 15 years. The annual “Watermelons on the Dnipro” project, conducted jointly with Kherson farmers and Silpo trade network, was started in 2017 and has been implemented for 5 consecutive years.
21. NIBULON has its own railcar feet comprising 108 hopper cars and two TGM locomotives, which have already transported more than 500 thousand tons of grain.
22. NIBULON revived the fashion for passenger transportation by water. The NIBULON Express hydrofoil vessels have been making passenger trips in Mykolaiv and Kherson regions for 5 years. The company has already transported more than 120 thousand passengers.
23. NIBULON has its three filling stations located in Luhansk, Poltava, and Vinnytsia regions, thereby improving the operations at the company’s facilities.
24. NIBULON is the largest taxpayer in the agrarian sector of Ukraine, paying about UAH 1 billion taxes and dues annually. One in ten pensioners in Mykolaiv region receives pension from taxes paid by the company.
25. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the company gave its laboratory equipment to the Mykolaiv regional laboratory center of the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine to diagnose coronavirus. The laboratory can carry out up to 400 analyses per day for the presence/absence of coronavirus by using the PCR method. More than 80% of tests in the region were conducted using NIBULON’s equipment.
26. To fight the COVID-19 pandemic, NIBULON donated UAH 100 million to develop the healthcare sector in Ukraine. As a result of it, the company installed 4 oxygen stations supplying 100 cubic meters per hour, laid oxygen networks with 400 oxygen supply points, created 50 first-class wards with 100 beds, as well as installed communication systems and call buttons.
27. NIBULON’s training center is the first center in Ukraine to enter the Unified State Education Electronic Database (USEED). The employees undergo advanced training on-the-job and receive state standard certificates.
28. The company works with many leading international financial institutions, such as the World Bank, IBRD, EBRD, EIB, and IFC. In 2016, NIBULON signed a loan agreement of Euro 71 million in Brussels under the guarantees of the European Union and European Investment Bank to reconstruct the shipyard.
29. NIBULON works with the United Nations as part of the World Food Program, supplying high-quality agricultural commodities to many countries worldwide to overcome global hunger.
30. NIBULON produces sausage and meat products under “Bystrytski Kovbasy” trademark. NIBULON’s sausage and meat products are made from natural raw materials, without the addition of soya or synthetic flavours. Sausage products are produced using traditional recipes in compliance with DSTU 4435:2005, DSTU4436:2005 and DSTU 4591:2006.
These achievements are NIBULON’s history. NIBULON’s team members put their hearts and souls into this success. Enormous persistent work and an ability to overcome challenges and obstacles made NIBULON a real leader and a motive force behind the development of Ukraine.
We know for sure that new achievements and successes are waiting for us. We will develop the independent Ukraine!
Happy birthday, NIBULON!