Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
WORLD'S DEVELOPING FOOD CATASTROPHE
Facing the greatest global food security crisis of our time
Thu, May 26, 2022,
10:30 am to 11:45 am EDT
5:30 pm Kyiv Time via ZOOM
WASHINGTON, D.C. – You are invited to attend a USUBC Webinar Roundtable about " World's Developing Food Catastrophe, Facing the Greatest Global Food Security Crisis of our Time” – on Thursday, May 26, 2022 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. EDT, 5:30 p.m. Kyiv time via ZOOM.
1. U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, "We are currently facing the greatest global food security crisis of our time....the Russian Government's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, which, according to the World Bank, may drive 40 million additional people worldwide into extreme poverty and food insecurity this year." Friday, May 20, 2022 https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USSTATEBPA/bulletins/318c251
2. "The War in Ukraine and the Rush to Feed the World. Boston Consulting Group (BCG) - In the wake of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, our global food systems are struggling to feed those most at risk." https://www.bcg.com/publications/2022/how-the-war-in-ukraine-is-affecting-global-food-systems, May 17, 2022
3. "The Food Catastrophe - War is tipping a fragile world towards mass hunger. Fixing that is everyone's business." The Economist.
https://www.economist.com/leaders/2022/05/19/the-coming-food-catastrophe, May 19, 2022
USUBC Webinar Panelists with bios (click on name):
- Marshall Matz, An international leading expert in global food security issues. Chairman/Government Relations Practice Head, Olsson Frank Weeda Terman Matz PC law firm. Marshall has devoted almost his entire career to domestic and global food security issues starting in the mid-1970's when he worked on the staff of the U.S.-Senate Agriculture Committee for Senator George McGovern. USUBC's Morgan Williams also worked on the staff of the U.S.-Senate Agriculture Committee at that time for Senator Bob Dole. Washington, D.C.
- Brooke Jamison, A global food systems expert. Associate Administrator of the Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Washington, D.C. Brook spent several years working on Capitol Hill as a Congressional staff person.
- Michael Bleyzer, President & CEO, SigmaBleyzer Investment Group, LLC, Chairman of the Board, AgroGeneration, SA, Co-founder & Chairman DAAR Charitable Foundation, Houston, TX. SigmaBleyzer is member of U.S.-Ukraine Business Council.
- Morgan Williams, President & CEO, U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), www.USUBC.org, will moderate the meeting, Washington, D.C. Williams has been working with Ukraine since his first trip there in the fall of 1992. For the first ten years, Williams work was in the agriculture/agribusiness/food system developed sector. Williams also worked on food system development in India, Indonesia, Egypt and Haiti in the 1980's.
Click on the panelists names to see their bio. This webinar is organized and sponsored by U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), Washington, D.C., www.USUBC.org.
REGISTER your attendance for the online ZOOM meeting on May 26, 2022, please click on the "REGISTER" button
below and fill the form:
The link to join the online ZOOM meeting will be sent to you in the confirmation e-mail after you register.
Recorded versions of the previous 63 U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC) live webinars are available on USUBC YouTube channel.
NOTE: If you have any questions about connecting to the meeting, please contact Nadiia Khomaziuk, USUBC Director of Communications and Events in Washington at NKhomaziuk@usubc.org
BECOME A MEMBER of the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC)
write to Morgan Williams, email@example.com